Supreme Softness is Just the Beginning.
Prized for its rare combination of versatility, softness and beauty, alpaca wool is natural, hypoallergenic and sustainable. Luxuriously soft to the touch, the wool features long, hollow fibers that enhance durability and provide comfort in any season.
Softer than cashmere and warmer than traditional wool, alpaca products have another hidden benefit: moths eat elsewhere. And, since it’s free from mechanical or chemical processing, our alpaca products are made with fabric that’s both eco-friendly and sustainable.
ALPACAS: FIVE FAST FACTS
- There are more than 22 natural colors of alpaca fleece.
- Alpaca fiber is the strongest natural fiber known to man.
- The fiber has an insulating value up to five times higher than sheep’s wool.
- Microscopic air pockets make the fiber both light yet a very efficient insulator.
- It doesn’t itch like sheep’s wool because of its lack of lanolin as well as its smooth cell structure.